The main consideration when hiking in the mountains and in the wilderness area is hiking safety. The mountains and elements can be very unforgiving of mistakes. We take hiking preparedness, hiking safety, and survival very seriously. This is why all of the employees of The Hike House are trained in the key elements of preparation, hiking safety, and proper hiking gear.
The Hike House is recognized as the Hiking Center of Sedona. You have free use of the Sedona Trail Finder to match your abilities with the demands of each trail. You have access to the appropriate hiking gear for our trails, Sedona Trail Maps, and everything you need to be prepared for your hiking experience.
We have developed a Hiking Safety Checklist that we encourage all of our customers to review to make sure that they are ready for their day’s journey. Additionally, we encourage you to attend our one hour “Hiking Preparedness and Compass” classes taught at the store. This is a free hiking safety class and we hope to see you there.
Hiking Safety and Hiking Gear include:
- Navigation (Sedona Trail Maps, Trail Guides, GPS units, Compasses)
- Hydration (Packs, water belts, water bottles)
- Footwear (Hiking Boots, Shoes, Sandals, Trail Running, Youth)
- Walking Sticks, Poles, Headlamps & Tools
- Hiking Safety, Survival, and Preparation
- Lip Balms, Sun Protection, Hats
- Energy Supply/Energy Café (Food and Hydration for the Trail)
Practical Hiking Safety Tips (click to view):
- Hiking Tip #1 Introduction (Dennis Andres- 17 seconds)
- Hiking Tip #2 Walking Sticks (Dennis Andres-15 seconds)
- Hiking Tip #3 Dehydration (Dennis Andres-14 seconds)
- Hiking Tip #4 Hikers vs Bikers (Dennis Andres-14 seconds)
- Hiking Tip #5 Rock Cairns (Dennis Andres- 17 seconds)
Sedona is the Day Hike Capital of America
The Hike House is the hiking center of Sedona. The Hike House was founded with the goal of making your hiking experience the best it can be. That means not an average experience, not even just a good experience, but an over the top excellent experience so you will return and bring your family, fellow hikers, and experience all that Sedona offers.Hiking Preparedness is the foundation of your hiking experience and includes Hiking Safety, Hiking Gear, Sedona Trail Maps, Education, Trail Selection, Check Lists, and more.
We have helped thousands change a potentially average hiking experience into a guaranteed excellent hiking experience. Stop by and visit, sit for a while in our café or on the patio, talk with other hikers, use the Sedona Trail finder, and see why so many begin their hiking experience with us.